22 Simple Real Food Snacks
Whether you are trying to dream up a healthy after school snack for your kiddo or trying to find something for yourself, snack time can be even more difficult to get creative with than meal time. If you find yourself staring blankly into your fridge or pantry when the munchies hit or you simply are trying to transition yourself and/or family to a real food lifestyle, here are a few of my favorite real food snack ideas to help fuel you through to your next meal.
- A small handful of raw nuts (some of my favorites are cashews, almonds, pistachios).
- Smoothie popsicles. I love to make these by simply pouring the last bits of our morning smoothie into a popsicle mold. No extra work and no waste...just a tasty real food treat waiting for you in your freezer when you need it. Here are the popsicle molds I use and love.
- Chia Pudding or chia pudding Popsicles. Chia pudding popsicles are great for those who struggle with the texture of chia pudding. The freezing process takes away the tapioca consistency.
- Plantain Chips (these are the ones I buy), crackers made from flax seeds, or whole grain crackers
- Dates with nut butter, sunflower seed butter (nut free), or cream cheese
- Sliced veggies with hummus or guacamole
- Apple slices with nut butter (or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option)
- Fresh berries with whipped coconut cream
- Kale chips
- Roasted Chickpea "poppers"
- Green smoothies (here is my favorite)
- Watermelon slices (try them frozen into "Popsicles" for a cool & healthy treat)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Cheese sticks or cheese chunks (I recommended using organic cheese)
- Grapes (try freezing them for a cool & healthy treat)
- Sliced fruit with creamy lemon fruit dip
- Banana & nut butter "caterpillars"
- Banana "ice cream"
- Sweet potato fries with homemade ketchup
- "Ants on a log"
- Cherry tomatoes and sliced bell peppers with homemade ranch dressing
- Larabars .....or make your own version!
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest