7 Day Healthy Family Meal Plan
Okay, we've jumped into the New Year...and I'm sure many of us are hoping to do it on a healthy foot. But....how? Where do you start tackling healthy eating when life is already so busy?
With a carefully crafted meal plan of delicious, tried-and-true, family-geared healthy recipes!
This 7 day meal plan is made up of make-ahead or quick, easy and healthy meals that are aimed toward the busy family. This is a wonderful way to kick off the new year in a healthy fashion and one that you can also work into your life. Everything on this meal plan is made with whole, real food ingredients and hand selected to be something you can throw into the slow cooker quickly before you head out for your day, prepare during your weekly meal prep, or throw together in a flash when you get home.
Food for thought:
- When selecting what days to plug the meals into, look at your week ahead! Select your slow cooker or one-sheet meals for your busiest days and save the ones with a little extra prep for the calmer days.
- Don't be afraid to have dinner for breakfast or breakfast for dinner! There is no hard and fast rule saying that a smoothie for dinner is a no-no, just like roasted veggies for breakfast are a lovely way to start your day!
- Use it as a blueprint for your week, but if you feel inspired to get creative in the kitchen....run with that! This meal plan is a wonderful jumping off point for your family, but every family's life and eating style varies and you have to make this meal plan fit your unique life.
gf: gluten free, v: vegan, veg: vegetarian, df: dairy free, p: Paleo, W30: Whole30 compliant
** indicates recipes to consider making during meal prep to help healthy eating be as easy as possible during your busy week!
You're going to notice that there are a lot of things in this section that I suggest you make ahead of time. Reason being, mornings are rough for most of us! We don't need to be trying to cook and adding stress to our day, so I suggest you focus a lot of your meal prep efforts on making easy foods to grab-and-go or reheat on busy weekday mornings! If you don't want to make that many separate recipes, pick a few of these and make double batches. You'll still have lots of food for the morning without spending your whole weekend cooking!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins (**) with Power-Up Green Smoothie (gf, veg, df)
- Green Veggie Eggs, Coconut Chia Pudding (**) with a side of fruit (gf, veg, df, p)
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie (with greens!) and Sleepy Sunday Sage Breakfast Patties (**) (gf, df)
- Rise & Shine Breakfast Casserole (**) with a side of fruit (gf, veg, df, p, W30)
- Flourless Green Blender Pancakes with side of fruit (gf, veg, df, p)
- Sweet Little Breakfast Souffles (**) with nitrate-free bacon (gf, df, p)
- Soft Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies (**) with scrambled eggs and sauteed veggies (gf, veg, df, p)
Lunch is the meal that I tend to plug in a lot of leftovers from dinner or breakfast. I find it really is a time saver in the kitchen, but here are a few ideas for easy lunch for your family during the week.
- Raw Avocado & Zucchini "Hummus" (bean free) (**) with raw veggies, hard boiled eggs and side of fruit. (gf, veg, df, p, W30)
- Veggie-Loaded Avocado Tuna Salad with veggies or on a salad with plantain chips (gf, df, p)
- Veggiefied Mini Meatloaves (**) with unsweetened applesauce and sliced raw veggies (gf, df, p, W30)
- Sweet Cinnamon Chickpea Poppers with a handful of raw nuts, side of fruit, and leftover veggies from a dinner or raw veggies (gf, df, v, veg)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Soup (**) in a thermos with plantain chips, cubed organic cheese, fruit and carrot sticks (gf, veg)
- Mini Kale Frittatas with simple green salad, popcorn, and fruit (gf, df, veg)
- Summer Curry Chicken Salad sandwich or salad with a side of kale chips and fruit (gf, df, (and if not using bread for a sandwich, p and W30)
Dinner is where I plug in all of my fast and easy recipes! We don't have time to spend 2 or 3 hours cooking dinner after a busy day of living life, so dinner is aimed to be easy and as effortless as possible while still making a family-friendly and nourishing meal.
- Slow Cooker Lemon Thyme Chicken with quinoa and Turmeric Roasted Carrots (gf, df)
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans with shredded cheese and roasted veggies (gf, veg)
- One Sheet Roasted Sausage & Brussel Sprout Dinner (gf, df, p, W30)
- One-Sheet Roasted Garlic Salmon & Broccoli (gf, df, p, W30)
- Healthy Baked Salsa Chicken with simple salad (gf, df, p, W30)
- Slow Cooker Lentil Tacos with organic corn tortillas & fixings (gf, v, veg, df)
- Quick & Classic Turkey Meatballs with Crock Pot Tomato Sauce (**) over rice pasta and zoodles. (gf, df, (leave out the pasta: p, W30))
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest