Healthy & Simple Grain-Free Pancakes
We take breakfast pretty seriously around my house.
All of us. Me. My husband. Our daughter. Even our cats seem to feel pretty passionately about the first meal of the day....at 4am.....every morning.....when they are purring as loud as a lawn mower and pawing at my face.
We eat breakfast for dinner at least once a week and you will notice the breakfast section of The Natural Nurturer seems to get a little more love than other categories...because we kind of love breakfast more than any other meal of the day.
With all that said...I am now offering up to you guys a bit of a family secret.
These Healthy & Simple Grain-Free Pancakes.
They are a total breakfast staple around my house and are well loved by all who eat them. Fluffy, soft, and light...you wouldn't guess that these pancakes are grain-free and made with only a handful of simple good-for-you ingredients you probably already have kicking around your kitchen. They come together in a snap in your blender and are loaded with way more protein than conventional pancake recipes....so they actually fill you up and fuel you on instead of leaving you with a sugar crash in a few hours.
Naturally sweetened with ripe bananas, you don't even need syrup to love these pancakes. I like to drizzle a little warm blueberry chia jam on mine or just enjoy them with a few sliced berries.
And now this family favorite pancake recipe can be your family's favorite too. An easy, cozy way to start any day that you will feel good about making time and time again.
Makes about 16 pancakes
- 3 ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter)
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup nut butter (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Combine everything except coconut oil in blender and blend until smooth. Let the batter hang out for a couple of minutes in the blender after mixing to allow the coconut flour to absorb some of the liquid. After a few minutes, the batter should be slightly thick but easily poured.
- Melt a little coconut oil over medium heat on a pan or griddle.
- Once the pan or griddle is hot, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion batter into pancakes on the griddle/pan. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy warm or save leftover in fridge for up to 4 days.
MAKE SURE YOU STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL OF THE HAPPENINGS HERE ON THE NATURAL NURTURER AND SUBSCRIBE HERE.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest