Instant & Smooth Chocolate Chia Pudding
I've made a lot of chia puddings in my day.....but *this* one is my favorite. Instant, made in two minutes (for real), smooth, loaded with protieny goodness chocolate chia pudding.
I know like a mama, a food blogger shouldn't play favorites among her recipes....but I can't help myself. Some recipes are special and this one absolutely is.
Chia pudding is know for being an amazing way to get Omega-3 and protein loaded chia seeds into one's diet in an easy and tasty way. However, so so so many people simple can't handle its tapioca texture and the sight of the black "fish eye" seeds (as one child put it to me). I get it. Absolutely.
Also....challenge accepted. The challenge to make a smooth chia pudding that masked the chia seeds for those "selective eaters". Guys, I totally did it.
I found that by mixing the chia pudding in the blender for a few minutes, it not only gave the pudding a lovely smooth texture, but it also made it instantly thicken. No waiting around for the chia seeds to gel. No making it the night before or waiting 2-4 hours to enjoy your chia pudding. You can decide in the moment that you want some chia pudding and literally be eating it in two minutes. Mixing chia pudding in my blender is now one of my new favorite kitchen shortcuts.
I traded in the black "fish eye" chia seeds for white chia seeds in the pudding, making them a little less detectable to those who don't care for the visual appearance of of chia seeds (like my daughter).
Yeah, white chia seeds are totally a thing. I know! I was shocked too! Here is the kind I use.
So, this chia pudding is all sort of magical. Fast, healthy, smooth, and (most importantly) chocolate.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk OR 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup/honey or to taste
- 1 cup white chia seeds
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes or until pudding is desired thickness. You may need to scrape down the sides of your blender once or twice to make sure all ingredients are well blended into the pudding. Taste for sweetness and add extra maple syrup/honey if desired.
- Portion out into 6 small containers. Either enjoy immediately (it will be slightly warm from the blending process) or chill in fridge until you are ready to enjoy it (and you will!)
- Will last in fridge 5-6 days
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest