Super Duper Easy Sweet Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
Prepare for your life to get just a little bit easier and more awesome....thanks to your slow cooker.
I love using baked potatoes in dinners, but I don't love the hour or so it takes to cook them. After an insane day at work, I don't have the time or the patience for them to hang out in the oven for a bloody hour! Mama is HUNGRY! And I have a hungry, impatient kiddo in the wings. GIVE ME MY DINNER! So, needless to say, when I figured out that I could cook up my sweet potatoes in my beloved slow cooker....life got a little more beautiful.
I swear I do love my husband and child more than my slow cooker....not that you would know it based on how much I have been verbally swooning over my favorite appliance as of late. Its just so faithful....and handy....and perfect....and shiny....and it cooks dinner for me while I do other things. So yeah, my slow cooker and I are pretty tight and I may openly weep when it finally gives up on me and slow cooks its last meal. Don't judge me, you know you love your slow cooker just as much....or you aren't using your slow cooker properly or frequently enough.
Keep in mind when making this that my slow cooker is pretty big (6 quarts to be exact). If your slow cooker is smaller, you might have to adjust how many potatoes you use based on the size of your slow cooker.
4-5 medium sweet potatoes
1. Wash your sweet potatoes really well. Those little buggers can be quite dirty, so really scrub them clean. And leave them wet. Not dripping wet, just however wet they are from washing them. The moisture will help in the cooking process.
2. Using a knife or fork, puncture the clean sweet potatoes skin multiple times. Don't go crazy, but if you've had a rough day, feel free to take it out on your potatoes. Just try to leave the potatoes in one piece after you're done.
3. Arrange the sweet potatoes in your slow cooker in a single layer. This is a great opportunity to put those Tetris skills from your youth to good use in this practical, very adult manner (and your mom said you'd never learn anything form video games).
4. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. You'll know they are done when you can easily puncture the skin of the potato with a fork
5. Yeah, that's it. Now go eat your sweet potatoes with something tasty like mashed avocados or black beans. Or both. Okay, now I'm drooling.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest