"Cheesy" Chickpea Croutons
I don't like boring salads. But, then again, I doubt anyone does.
So, one day a while back, I started playing with how to jazz up legumes to add to salads and *pow* these little spheres of yum were born. Easy to make. Easy to store. And a lovely addition to any salad that is leaving underwhelmed. These faux croutons add a little bonus protien and fiber to your salad along with the fun flavor. Make 'em. Love 'em. Eat 'em.
1 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt & pepper to taste
1.Preheat oven to 400 F. Blot chickpeas with a paper towl until very dry. The dryer the better.
2. Spred chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix together then coconut oil, nutritional yeast, cumin, and salt & pepper in a medium bowl.
4. Remove chickpeas from the oven and add to the bowl with the other ingredients. Toss the chickpeas until they are evenly coated.
5. Return back to the baking sheet and bake for 10 more minutes.
6. Enjoy warm or cold. Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.