Banana Bread Muffins (grain free)
It's just days before Christmas and I was really, truly planning to take this week off from blogging. But when I happen to make a really fantastic new recipe that I think you all might enjoy on Christmas morning, I kind of can't keep it to myself.
I literally whipped these muffins up on a whim. I looked around my kitchen on a Sunday morning, trying to figure out what I was going to make to enjoy for our weekly Sunday breakfast....and these muffins happen.
I know. These muffins are lacking an incredible and inspiring story behind them, right? But that's how it happens sometimes. No premeditation or romantic amazing story.....just sheer invention (and luck) in the name of necessity. It mean...that's how the telephone got it's start....so It's good enough for my Sunday breakfast
Makes 9 muffins
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease or line a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Use a whisk to mix them together, being sure to break up an lumps in the almond meal or coconut flour. Once well mixed, set aside.
3. In a food processor, combine bananas, eggs, and honey/maple syrup. Pulse until the mixture has a smooth consistency and there are not lumps of banana.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon until all of the batter is smooth and has an even consistency, the coconut flour hasa chance to absorb liquids (this takes a couple of minutes), and the there are no lumps.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion out the batter into the muffin tin holes.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 30 minutes before enjoying. Store leftover muffins in fridge for up to 5 days.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest