Carrot Cake Batter Bites (raw)
Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys!!! I just made something awesome. And the best part is...there is NO cooking required. Are you ready? Meet Carrot Cake Batter Bites.
Zip. Zero. Nada. None. Absolutely no cooking required for these little sweet and healthy bites of heaven. These Carrot Cake Batter Bites are the perfect naturally sweetened, grain free, egg free, dairy free, amazing little treats that are made from simple and clean ingredients. And they taste just like the the batter of a homemade carrot cake.
I don't keep sweets in my house for the most part. I'm very open and honest about my lifelong addiction to sugar and have found that my most successful weapon in the battle of the Sugar Dragon is to simply not keep the tempting stuff around. However, with that said, I am human. Occasionally I like to indulge in a treat, but I have committed committed to myself that I will make treats few and far between and made with only clean and real ingredients.
I've been eyeballing the cookie/brownie/energy ball bite train for a while, but have just now decided to jump on for the ride. I like that these dessert balls/bites are portioned out for you so that you don't find yourself mindlessly eating 6 or 7 in one sitting. You make a batch, enjoy one or two, and store the rest for the next time you need a little something sweet. I also like that they are freezable! For me, if a goodie is in the freezer, I often forget that it is there! So not only do have a treat chilling (pun intended) in the freezer for me when I long for it the most, but it is made from stuff I can feel good about indulging on.
My family loves these carrot cake batter bite because they taste just like one of their favorite desserts. I love them because they easy, healthy, and contain beautiful and amazing carrots. And you guys know I am a sucker for throwing a veg in to a dish whenever is possible. These bites might be dessert in many ways, but they are still fueling and nourishing our bodies in a true and wholesome way.
These bites definitely need to be made in a food processor. Don't have a food processor yet? I highly recommend you invest in one. They make real food living wildly easier and are absolutely worth the investment! The one I have has been with me so long that they no longer make it! But here is the new and improved little sister of the kind I use.
Makes 12 bites
- 10 Medjool dates, putted and soaked in hot water for about an hour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I shredded mine in the food processor)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Throw soaked and pitted dates into the food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop.
- Add almond meal, cinnamon, sea salt, and chopped walnuts to the food processor. Run until the "batter" is smooth and well mixed. You may have to scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Add the shredded carrots and pulse a few more times to incorporate.
- Once mixed, used a heaping tablespoon to scoop out the batter. Using wet hands (this helps the batter from sticking to you), form into balls and roll in shredded coconut (if using).
- Arrange the bites on a plate and chill for an hour to help them firm up.
- After, enjoy and store leftovers in fridge or freezer in an air tight container.
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest