One-Sheet Roasted Sausage & Brussels Sprout Dinner
One-Sheet Roasted Sausage & Brussels Sprout Dinner is a meal that comes together with little effort, time or dirty dishes (win!). Tender, flavorful brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes paired with hearty sausage makes this all-in-one recipe a dish that is sure to be a frequent flyer on your dinner table.
My life is crazy, guys. I'm sure your life is too, as it is for most people in this season of life. This wonderful, beautiful crazy blur of chaos that is family, friends, work, passions, and whatever else that fills up our life. Okay, fine...."beautiful" might not be the word you (or I) would pick to describe the hustle of your daily life, but it certainly is an adventure and we are all just hanging on for the ride and just trying to do the best we can.
Like dinner. We really really want to feed our families good stuff at dinner, but we don't exactly want to reinvent the wheel just to do so. We want simple. We want filling. We want healthy. We want less dishes!
One-sheet meals are my dinnertime superhero for that exact reason. Everything goes onto one pan, finishes cooking at the same time, and gets thrown onto a plate. The prep is minimal and the clean up is just as easy-breezy. Trying to remember which timer goes for which dish that is cooking away or piling your sink high with dishes before dinner even starts. One-sheet meals are a beautiful thing and this One-Sheet Roasted Sausage & Brussels Sprout Dinner is currently giving me all the heart eyes.
Roasted veggies are one of my favorite things in the world and, hands down, my preferred way to make Brussels sprouts. The roasting cuts the bitterness of this wonderful veggie that often gets a bad rap from kiddos and the bright and flavorful sweet potatoes really make for a wonderful flavor combination. And the sausage.....well, its the delicious little string that just ties it all together while adding some seriously easy protein to the meal.
It's simple. It's tasty. And you will feel like you are hitting dinner out of the park on all accounts.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed (I used small ones, but if you are using larger ones, cut them in half to help speed up cooking process)
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and diced
- 1 pound chicken or turkey sausage, sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat (coconut oil, avocado oil, ghee)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, cooking fat, salt, and garlic powder. Toss to evenly coat all the ingredients and spread on the lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven. Move the potatoes and Brussels sprouts around to make room and add sausage coins to the empty spots on the baking sheet.
- Bake again for 15 more minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy immediately.